Archive for the ‘Members’ Category


Cleveland Hiking Club keeps on trekking

Founded in 1919 by Esther McCarty and Edna Wooley, the Cleveland Hiking Club (originally the Cleveland Hiker’s Club) was modeled after a group in Baltimore that Esther had run into. The original premise was simply to organize a local walking group. With the introduction of a clubhouse in 1939, the group began to grow slowly but surely into a full social club. Today, members take part in potlucks, speaking events, and cookouts, and keep in touch with a monthly newsletter and club directory. Read the rest of this entry »